VP of operations
- the low-down -
The Guild is a new hospitality concept that empowers travelers to experience their destination as a local, while enjoying the soft sheets and fancy amenities they’ve come to expect from a boutique hotel. Think of us as one-part eclectic home, one-part boutique hotel, and one-part your hipster cousin who takes you on a tour of the City’s secret spots and hidden gems. Since our March 2016 launch, we’ve been off to a blistering start. We’ve raised a few bucks, grown like crazy and assembled a dream team of dedicated hospitality pros.
- your role -
So far, guests love what we do, but we are ready to take it to the next level. We are looking for a proven leader that can help build the best service delivery organization in this business. This role will have an operational focus, but you will need an understanding of the whole picture to be successful (finance, marketing, and operations).
We’re looking for someone that is obsessed with delivering amazing guest experiences and inspiring the team around them. This person will need to be living in or willing to relocate to Austin (not that hard of a sell to be honest). Strong operational/hospitality background preferred. We will give you the technology resources, the people, and the support - you give us back the organization, the drive, the obsession. Together, we will change the game in hospitality for the better, forever.
- Manage a team of market-level General Managers, each with their own P&L responsibility
- Oversee a team totaling 30+ people and expected to grow to 200+ people in 12-18 months
- Closely monitor company/employee metrics and KPIs
- Manage company-wide and market level P&L statements
- Develop systems and processes to continually raise the bar for guest service
- Manage growth and build a team that can operate at scale
- Drive understanding and implementation around brand identity
- Lead local teams to conform to brand strategy and vision
- Work closely with marketing/finance/tech teams to improve process
- Conducts meetings with General Managers to discuss current objectives
QUALITIES & PERSONALITY TRAITS PREFERRED
- You have at least 5 years experience in a senior management position with a team of 30+ and responsibility for team-wide performance against qualitative and financial metrics
- At least 2 years of continual experience in a rapidly scaling, brand-focused B2C company that has an incredible guest service organization
- Demonstrated track record of scaling operations in a company that has grown 200+% annually
- You have a proven track record of developing leaders within an organization
- Deep understanding & appreciation for delivering great service
- A devoted follower of metrics-based approaches, testing, & measuring
- Enthusiastic about doing things differently and disrupting an established industry
- You’ve joined post Series A companies before and helped guide them to the promised land
- You’ve been part of a company that bridged the online-to-offline worlds
- You have an advanced business degree of some sort
- You have a hidden talent that you’re willing to show off in our weekly all-hands (sorry, but juggling will be limited to non-flammable items for safety reasons)
- Competitive cash comp. No need to sacrifice your love of artisan coffee for a better place to work.
- Very strong health benefits package - stay healthy and happy
- The opportunity to own a part of what you help build (we're talking equity here my friend...)
- Constant growth: we are growing rapidly and you can expect opportunities for larger and larger roles as the company grows
- Gratuitous helpings of tacos and viral videos at the weekly all-hands
- your team -
Beyond that, we're a group of people who like to work our asses off. We're not super concerned about work/life balance because we make work a fun environment you want to be a part of. We all wear multiple hats and are working on at least 5 projects at a time. Life is never boring here. We're risk takers. We care about each other and lend helping hands all day, every day. We say NO to politics, drama, and traditional resumés!