vp of marketing
- the low-down -
The Guild is a new hospitality concept that empowers travelers to experience their destination as a local, while enjoying the soft sheets and fancy amenities they've come to expect from a boutique hotel. Think of us as one-part eclectic home, one-part boutique hotel, and one-part college friend who takes you to the secret spots and hidden gems.
Since our March 2016 launch, we've been off to a blistering start. We've raised a few bucks, grown our revenues to a scale unimaginable to most 2-yr-old startups and posted some downright glorious unit economics.
But that’s just the tip of the shrinking polar ice cap. Given our lean team, our guest acquisition initiatives have been modest up to this point, having focused mostly on posting our properties to well-known booking platforms and word-of-mouth. We’ve only scratched the surface of paid and organic initiatives across multiple digital channels. It’s time we unearth the growth implications of an iterative and data-driven marketing strategy.
- your role -
You will play a vital role in our clandestine scheme to dominate the globe by mixing art and science. Working closely with the co-founder, you’ll be responsible for developing and executing The Guild’s marketing strategy. You’ll analyze and immerse yourself in our guest acquisition journey, turning data insights into tangible strategies, goals, and targets. By diving into the data, you’ll develop KPIs to assess the efficacy of our initiatives. You’ll lead a small but mighty team to drive these efforts onward and upward.
This role offers uncapped leadership opportunities as we continue to grow rapidly and scale our marketing initiatives from the ground up.
- Craft the travel industry's most awe-inspiring digital marketing program, incorporating a smart mix of:
- The exotic stuff: influencer partnerships, earned media shout-outs, targeted social ads, guest referral programs and...
- The drab (but proven) stuff: SEM, SEO, listing syndication & reputation enhancement
- Engage in spirited debates with the design team about how the surest way to reduce the bounce rate on our landing pages is to hijack the back button triggering a pop-up with photos of adorable puppies.
QUALITIES & PERSONALITY TRAITS PREFERRED
- 3+ years in a digital marketing role with experience encompassing SEM, SEO, targeted social ads and funnel conversion optimization
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills
- A hustler that loves the everyday grind of a high growth start up and obsesses over customer acquisition
- Metrics driven mindset. You have a borderline unhealthy obsession with winning and take great pride in lighting up the scoreboard
- Deep fluency with web analytics platforms like Google Analytics or MixPanel
- Startup experience, ideally at one where the marketing budget was constantly depleted, forcing you to devise clever hacks to acquire users at a low cost
- Experience persuading Instagram influencers to pimp our product WITHOUT money whipping them
- Strong proficiency with a crock pot. Slow roasted poultry dishes preferred, vegan alternatives welcomed
- Your GIF and meme game is strong to very strong
- Generous insurance coverage (health, dental, vision)
- Meaningful equity upside. Lake Austin real estate ain't getting any cheaper
- Latest and greatest hardware required to perform your role
- Gratuitous helpings of breakfast tacos and viral videos at the Thursday morning all-hands meeting
- A spot at our April 2021 NYSE bell ringing ceremony (exact date TBD)
- your team -
We're a group of people who take our work seriously, but never ourselves. We celebrate weirdness, work our asses off, and enjoy the journey. We all wear multiple hats and are working on at least 5 projects at a time. Life is never boring here. We're risk takers. We care about each other and lend helping hands all day, every day. We say no to politics and drama!