director of property management
- the low-down -
The Guild is a new hospitality concept that empowers travelers to experience their destination as a local, while enjoying the soft sheets and fancy amenities they’ve come to expect from a boutique hotel. Think of us as one-part eclectic home, one-part boutique hotel, and one-part your local friend who takes you to the secret spots and hidden gems.
Since our March 2016 launch, we’ve been off to a blistering start. We’ve raised some money, added new team members every month, and expanded beyond our home market of Austin, TX.
Our continued financial growth will depend on expanding our footprint into new markets--in the last few months alone we've expanded into our second market (Dallas) and will grow into five more by the end of the year! To maintain our high degree of execution as we grow, we'll need to build a best-in-class Property Management team. That's where you come in.
- your role -
The Guild is looking for a leader who can pair their impeccable attention to detail with their knack for building good will with others. Working closely with the Head of Real Estate, you will enhance existing property partnerships by fostering relationships with landlord management teams. You should understand the perspectives of long-term residents, leasing office personnel, and the ownership team to ensure The Guild is an amazing neighbor and partner. You should be comfortable soliciting feedback and working with a team to respond with creative solutions.
A SUCCESSFUL DIRECTOR OF PROPERTY MANAGEMENT:
- Fosters relationships with regional and property management teams throughout the Guild portfolio
- Helps the Real Estate team meet the Guild’s unit growth goals at existing properties by collaborating with regional managers, on-site leasing teams and the Guild’s operations staff
- Manages the relationship between The Guild and vendors, utility providers, and landlords
- Understands and flawlessly maintains the Guild’s brand standards and ethos at all properties
- Collaborates with the Guild’s Director of Project Management and property personnel to provide smooth property launches
- Reads, interprets and provides input on leases and coordinates any amendments and modifications
- Keeps senior leadership and the operations team well informed by preparing and presenting regular portfolio reports
- Coordinates with other Guild team members on events and initiatives to drive long-term resident satisfaction
- Quickly solves problems when they occur and prevents issues before they happen by implementing necessary safeguards
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Played a key role in helping a multifamily or hotel company expand into new markets
- Worked as a Regional Manager at a Class A multifamily company
- Strong relationships throughout the multifamily industry
- Ninja-like skills with CRM platforms and Excel
- Obtained a CPM/CAM or other similarly impressive professional designation
- Experience working in organizations with employees of diverse backgrounds and roles
- Generous insurance (health, dental, vision)
- Meaningful equity upside
- The latest & greatest hardware required to perform your role
- Free and discounted stays at our well-appointed suites
- Gratuitous helpings of breakfast tacos and viral videos at the Thursday morning all-hands meeting
- your team -
We're a group of people who take our work seriously, but never ourselves. We celebrate weirdness, work our asses off, and enjoy the journey. We all wear multiple hats and are working on at least 5 projects at a time. Life is never boring here. We're risk takers. We care about each other and lend helping hands all day, every day. We say no to politics and drama!