director of project management
- the low-down -
The Guild is a new hospitality concept that empowers travelers to experience their destination as a local, while enjoying the soft sheets and fancy amenities they’ve come to expect from a boutique hotel. Think of us as one-part eclectic home, one-part boutique hotel, and one-part your local friend who takes you to the secret spots and hidden gems.
Since our March 2016 launch, we’ve been off to a blistering start. We’ve raised some money, added new team members every month, and expanded beyond our home market of Austin, TX.
Our continued financial growth will depend on expanding our footprint into new markets--in the last few months alone we've expanded into our second market (Dallas) and will grow into five more by the end of the year! To maintain our high degree of execution as we grow, we'll need to build a best-in-class Project Management team. That's where you come in.
- your role -
The Guild is looking for a master of organization and efficiency who is well-versed in managing internal and external teams on the design and construction of new locations throughout the United States. Working closely with the Head of Real Estate, you will lead projects from design development through to bidding, permitting, construction management, etc. until units are ready for our first guests check in. Project scopes will be diverse and challenging, and they will range from FF&E + signage installations up to full building remodels.
A SUCCESSFUL DIRECTOR OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT:
- Simultaneously executes multiple design and construction projects in markets across the country on a timely basis within budget
- Understands and flawlessly implements the Guild’s brand standards and ethos in new projects
- Coordinates all architectural and construction activities, including owning the master budget and schedule utilizing the best technological tools available to the profession
- Collaborates effectively within a team environment with minimal direction and facilitates weekly project meetings with GCs, designers, vendors, and landlords
- Reads, interprets and provides input on architectural drawings with incredible attention to detail
- Keeps senior leadership and the operations team well informed by preparing and presenting regular progress reports
- Builds a team with a bias for action that stays ahead of the Guild’s project pipeline
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Played a key role in helping a high-growth retailer or real estate oriented startup expand rapidly into new markets
- Worked at an architectural firm and are a ninja with AutoCAD, Photoshop, and Excel
- Obtained a PMP or other similarly impressive professional designation
- Experience working in organizations with employees of diverse backgrounds and roles
- Generous insurance (health, dental, vision)
- Meaningful equity upside
- The latest & greatest hardware required to perform your role
- Free and discounted stays at our well-appointed suites
- Gratuitous helpings of breakfast tacos and viral videos at the Thursday morning all-hands meeting
- your team -
We're a group of people who take our work seriously, but never ourselves. We celebrate weirdness, work our asses off, and enjoy the journey. We all wear multiple hats and are working on at least 5 projects at a time. Life is never boring here. We're risk takers. We care about each other and lend helping hands all day, every day. We say no to politics and drama!