head of people
- the low-down -
The Guild is a new hospitality concept that empowers travelers to experience their destination as a local, while enjoying the soft sheets and fancy amenities they’ve come to expect from a boutique hotel. Think of us as one-part eclectic home, one-part boutique hotel, and one-part college friend who takes you to the secret spots and hidden gems.
Since our March 2016 launch, we’ve been off to a blistering start. We’ve raised some money, grown our revenues to a scale unimaginable to most 2-yr-old startups, and expanded beyond our home market of Austin, TX.
Our financial growth has been enabled by an explosion headcount--in the last 5 months alone we've doubled our headcount to ~50! To maintain high employee and guest satisfaction as we grow, we'll need to build a best-in-class People Operations department. That's where you come in.
- your role -
We're committed to creating a fun, inclusive, and rewarding place to work. We're constantly scanning for new ideas and best practices to challenge and inspire our team. As the Head of our People Operations department, you'll be responsible for building this department from scratch and codifying our unique company culture in the form of KPIs, policies, and processes. This seat at the table role will report directly to our Co-Founder, Brian Carrico.
- Translate The Guild's unique culture into HR policies and a corporate values charter
- Be the go-to culture champion within the organization
- Employee satisfaction
- Set employee satisfaction goals and design programs intended to make The Guild an even better place to work
- Monitor progress towards hitting our company-wide goals and KPIs
- Employee development
- Collaborate with functional owners on creating best-in-class training/onboarding materials
- Develop processes & infrastructure to measure individual employee performance through metrics & KPIs
- Are you getting the sense we like KPIs yet?
- Thought-partner to functional owners
- Coach managers on best practices in People development
- Collaborate with business owners on hiring for key managerial positions
QUALITIES & PERSONALITY TRAITS PREFERRED
- Previous experience being Head of People or Recruiting/HR in another high-growth startup
- Overseen employee growth from 50 to 250+ at least once
- Excited about KPI tracking, metrics, and the creation of new processes
- Empathetic to the concerns of people from all layers and parts of the company
- An expert on the best practices of KPI measurement and employee development theory
- Experience working in organizations with employees of diverse backgrounds and roles
- Your GIF and meme game is strong to very strong
- Generous insurance (health, dental, vision)
- Meaningful equity upside
- The latest & greatest hardware required to perform your role
- Free and discounted stays at our well-appointed suites
- Gratuitous helpings of breakfast tacos and viral videos at the Thursday morning all-hands meeting
- your team -
We're a group of people who take our work seriously, but never ourselves. We celebrate weirdness, work our asses off, and enjoy the journey. We all wear multiple hats and are working on at least 5 projects at a time. Life is never boring here. We're risk takers. We care about each other and lend helping hands all day, every day. We say no to politics and drama!