guest experience host
- the low-down -
The Guild is a new hospitality concept that empowers travelers to experience their destination as a local, while enjoying the soft sheets and fancy amenities they’ve come to expect from a boutique hotel. Think of us as one-part eclectic home, one-part boutique hotel, and one-part college friend who takes you to the secret spots and hidden gems.
Since our March 2016 launch, we’ve been off to a blistering start. We’ve raised a few bucks and have grown our revenues to a scale unimaginable to most 1.5 yr old startups. Our guests love us and we love our guests. We’re creating a community made up of travelers + locals - come join us!
- your role -
Reporting directly to the senior operations manager, you will be tailoring the guest experience from beginning to end to make sure our guest stays are everything they imaged and more. We're looking for well-rounded folks who can handle virtual arrival experiences, think outside the box, control rooms, and dispatch field guides.
By getting into the startup game early, this role offers uncapped opportunities to grow. Although the position is oriented towards Front Desk Operations, our lean corporate structure allows (read: forces) you to work on projects spanning many functions, like general operations and field guide tasks.
- Effectively communicate with guests on multiple platforms (phone, email, text messaging)
- Crave a deeper connection with guests (instead of the stale small-talk you get at the boring, traditional hotel) - treat our guests as friends first
- Offer up your city knowledge at every opportunity (suggest authentic city favorites and hot spots)
- Roll with the punches and embrace the ever-changing nature of this sweet startup
- Problem-solve efficiently when a guest comes to you with an issue
- Have a knowledge of rooms control
- Schedule housekeeping
- Communicate with and dispatch Field Guides
- Use ever-changing technologies (Nexia, Slack, WebRezPro, Trust You)
QUALITIES & PERSONALITY TRAITS PREFERRED
- Wearing multiple hats (offering your skill-set for a multitude of different jobs) excites you
- You have a great sense of humor and laugh things off easily
- You have a great attention to detail
- You see each one of our guests as a new opportunity to wow & surprise someone
- You have a strong sense of self
- You have a super positive attitude and are determined to make lemonade out of anything resembling lemons
- You're a local
- You're a foodie
- You’ve worked in any customer service role in the past
- Competitive cash compensation. The only ramen consumed by our team members is the trendy variety that's served with seaweed and a soft boiled egg
- Gratuitous helpings of breakfast tacos and viral videos at the Thursday morning All-Hands
- your team -
We're a group of people who take our work seriously, but never ourselves. We celebrate weirdness, work our asses off, and enjoy the journey. We all wear multiple hats and are working on at least 5 projects at a time. Life is never boring here. We're risk takers. We care about each other and lend helping hands all day, every day. We say no to politics and drama!