- the low-down -
The Guild is a new hospitality concept that empowers travelers to experience their destination as a local, while enjoying the soft sheets and fancy amenities they’ve come to expect from a boutique hotel. Think of us as one-part eclectic home, one-part boutique hotel, and one-part college friend who takes you to the secret spots and hidden gems.
Since our March 2016 launch, we’ve been off to a blistering start. We’ve raised a few bucks and grown our revenues to a scale unimaginable to most 1.5 yr old startups. Our guests love us and we love our guests. We’re creating a community made up of travelers + locals - come join us!
- your role -
Reporting directly to the senior operations manager, you’ll be responsible for making sure our guests’ stays are seamless. We're looking for well-rounded folks who can handle in-person guest experiences, think outside the box, multi-task, and make fast decisions in a pinch.
By getting into the startup game early, this role offers uncapped opportunities to grow. Although the position is oriented towards Field Guide Operations, our lean corporate structure allows (read: forces) you to work on projects spanning many functions, like general operations and sometimes front desk tasks.
We are currently looking for field guides in Dallas, TX & Austin, TX. Please specify on the application below which city you're interesting in applying for.
- Effectively communicate and problem solve with the Guest Experience Host team
- Consistently Monitor Slack/Phone for incoming calls and direction from GX Hosts
- Crave a deeper connection with guests (instead of the stale small-talk you get at the boring, traditional hotel) - treat our guests as friends first
- Offer up your city knowledge at every opportunity (suggest authentic city favorites and hot spots)
- Perform "Pre-Arrival" checks (make sure guest codes are working; make sure room is tidy)
- Assist in moving into new properties
- Keep storage areas clean, tidy, and fully stocked
- In some cases, deliver groceries/bedding/furniture/etc to guests
- In some cases, perform light maintenance on rooms (change light bulbs, plunge toilets, etc)
- On occasion, perform light cleaning duties
QUALITIES & PERSONALITY TRAITS PREFERRED
- Wearing multiple hats (offering your skill-set for a multitude of different jobs) excites you
- You see each one of our guests as a new opportunity to wow & surprise someone
- You have a strong sense of self
- You have a super positive attitude and are determined to make lemonade out of anything resembling lemons
- You have a great attention to detail
- You're efficient & a multi-tasker: when carrying groceries inside, you refuse to make two trips to the car. You've figured out a way to harness all bags to your body in a weight-distributed manner so you can transport all 7 bags at once
- You're friendly and energetic
- You love running errands
- You have a great knowledge of the city and love trying new places (so that you’re prepared to recommend your face off to our guests)
- Competitive cash comp. The only ramen consumed by our team members is the trendy variety that's served with seaweed and a soft boiled egg
- Gratuitous helpings of breakfast tacos and viral videos at the Friday morning all-hands
- your team -
We're a group of people who take our work seriously, but never ourselves. We celebrate weirdness, work our asses off, and enjoy the journey. We all wear multiple hats and are working on at least 5 projects at a time. Life is never boring here. We're risk takers. We care about each other and lend helping hands all day, every day. We say no to politics and drama!