- the low-down -
The Guild is a new hospitality concept that empowers travelers to experience their destination as a local, while enjoying the soft sheets and fancy amenities they’ve come to expect from a boutique hotel. Think of us as one-part eclectic home, one-part boutique hotel, and one-part college friend who takes you to the secret spots and hidden gems.
Since our March 2016 launch, we’ve been off to a blistering start. We’ve raised a few bucks and have grown our revenues to a scale unimaginable to most 1.5 yr old startups. Our guests love us and we love our guests. We’re creating a community made up of travelers + locals - come join us!
- your role -
Reporting directly to the senior operations manager, you will be tailoring the guest experience from beginning to end to make sure our guest stays are everything they imagined and more. We're looking for well-rounded folks who can create amazing arrival experiences, handle guests requests, and be the friendly face of The Guild!
Although the position is oriented towards Front Desk Operations, our lean corporate structure allows (read: forces) you to work on projects spanning many functions, like general operations and field guide tasks. By getting into the startup game early, this role offers uncapped opportunities to grow.
- Handle all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
- Resolve customer complaints, assist customers with all inquiries in connection with hotel services, hours of operations, key hotel personnel, in-house events, directions, etc.
- Respond to all guest requests with accuracy and in a timely manner, making recommendations based on local knowledge.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Assure that desk collateral and information for restaurants, museums, attractions, maps, and other local attractions are updated and current.
- Possessing knowledge of what activities are available in the city (theatre, sports, concerts, shows, special exhibits, sightseeing) and establish close contact with vendors in these areas in order to provide information, ticketing, and reservations for guests.
- The physical ability to store and retrieve guest luggage and packages.
- The ability to utilize a variety of software programs to accurately input special arrangements the guest has made and to assure proper billing.
QUALITIES & PERSONALITY TRAITS PREFERRED
- Wearing multiple hats (offering your skill-set for a multitude of different jobs) excites you
- You have a great sense of humor and laugh things off easily
- You have a great attention to detail
- You see each one of our guests as a new opportunity to wow & surprise someone
- You have a strong sense of self
- You have a super positive attitude and are determined to make lemonade out of anything resembling lemons
- Bilingual is a requirement for this position
- You’re a local
- Competitive cash compensation. The only ramen consumed by our team members is the trendy variety that's served with seaweed and a soft boiled egg
- Gratuitous helpings of breakfast tacos and viral videos at the Thursday morning All-Hands
- your team -
We're a group of people who take our work seriously, but never ourselves. We celebrate weirdness, work our asses off, and enjoy the journey. We all wear multiple hats and are working on at least 5 projects at a time. Life is never boring here. We're risk takers. We care about each other and lend helping hands all day, every day. We say no to politics and drama!