- the low-down -
The Guild is a new hospitality concept that empowers travelers to experience their destination as a local, while enjoying the soft sheets and fancy amenities they’ve come to expect from a boutique hotel. Think of us as one-part eclectic home, one-part boutique hotel, and one-part college friend who takes you to the secret spots and hidden gems.
Since our March 2016 launch, we’ve been off to a blistering start. We’ve raised a few bucks, grown our revenues to a scale unimaginable to most 1.5 yr old startups and posted some downright glorious unit economics.
- your role -
Working closely with the Co-Founder, you’ll be responsible for building efficient, scalable processes and owning their outcomes from start to finish. As the architect of operations, you’ll be uniquely positioned to make huge impact as your ideas flow freely from your head into the field.
This will require a mix of qualitative / quantitative analysis, new process development, stakeholder management, and KPI tracking. Since you’ll be responsible for implementation (in partnership with our highly capable operations team), you’ll get your hands dirty working with our Field Agents, Front Desk, and 3rd party vendors.
As we continue our rapid growth and expand the team, this role offers uncapped leadership opportunities. Although the position is oriented towards Operations, our lean corporate structure allows (read: forces) you to work on projects spanning many functions, like Business Development, Marketing, Product, Finance, etc
QUALITIES & PERSONALITY TRAITS PREFERRED
- Strategic thinker able to set high-level objectives and translate them into specific processes
- High energy and even higher EQ with a desire to develop strong internal talent and lead cross-functional teams
- A borderline unhealthy obsession with winning. You take great pride in lighting up the scoreboard
- Strong to exceptionally-strong in Excel. You eat keyboard shortcuts for breakfast, INDEX MATCHes for lunch, pivot tables for dinner, and macros for dessert. You haven’t had an F1 key since middle school.
- Self-directed and excited to set your own work-plan
- 2+ years in a quant/strategy role at a management consulting firm or investment bank
- Understanding of SQL or Tableau
- Strong proficiency with a crock pot. Slow roasted poultry dishes preferred; vegan alternatives welcomed
- Your gif and meme game is strong to very-strong
- Relocation bonus
- Meaningful equity upside. Lake Austin real estate ain't getting any cheaper
- The latest & greatest hardware to power those high-octane spreadsheets. Just so we're on the same page, Macs are for fluffy creative types (admittedly 75% of our team)
- Gratuitous helpings of breakfast tacos and viral videos at the Thursday morning all-hands meeting
- A spot at our April 2021 NYSE bell ringing ceremony (exact date TBD)
- your team -
We're a group of people who take our work seriously, but never ourselves. We celebrate weirdness, work our asses off, and enjoy the journey. We all wear multiple hats and are working on at least 5 projects at a time. Life is never boring here. We're risk takers. We care about each other and lend helping hands all day, every day. We say no to politics and drama!