- the low-down -
The Guild is a new hospitality concept that empowers travelers to experience their destination as a local, while enjoying the soft sheets and fancy amenities they've come to expect from a boutique hotel. Think of us as one-part eclectic home, one-part boutique hotel, and one-part college friend who takes you to the secret spots and hidden gems.
Since our March 2016 launch, we've been off to a blistering start. We've raised a few bucks, grown our revenues to a scale unimaginable to most 2-yr-old startups and posted some downright glorious unit economics.
But that’s just the tip of the shrinking polar ice cap. Given our lean team, our guest acquisition initiatives have been modest up to this point, having focused mostly on posting our properties to well-known booking platforms and word-of-mouth. We’ve only scratched the surface of paid and organic initiatives across multiple digital channels. It’s time we unearth the growth implications of an iterative and data-driven marketing strategy.
- your role -
You will play a vital role in the finance and admin team by mixing your accounting and financial acumen as well as your solid organization skills. As a young and high-potential startup, not to mention the very solid revenue track record we have had thus far, you will be given the opportunity to capitalize on the uncapped leadership trajectory. Although the position is oriented towards accounting and administrative, our lean corporate structure allows (read: forces) you to work on projects spanning many functions, like Business Development, Marketing, Product, Finance, etc
Seeking experienced administrative superstar w/ broad understanding of accounting principles & financial reporting.
- Monthly and quarterly tax filings
- Monthly payment audit
- File maintenance
- Vendor management
- Other administrative tasks.
QUALITIES & PERSONALITY TRAITS PREFERRED
- 2+ years in a accounting/bookkeeping related roles
- Cannot stand being unorganized
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills
- A hustler that loves the everyday grind of a high growth start-up
- Metrics driven mindset. You have a borderline unhealthy obsession with winning and take great pride in lighting up the scoreboard
- Startup experience, ideally at one where you manage the accounting and admin related responsibilities
- Your GIF and meme game is strong to very strong
- Generous insurance coverage (health, dental, vision)
- Meaningful equity upside. Lake Austin real estate ain't getting any cheaper
- Latest and greatest hardware required to perform your role
- Gratuitous helpings of breakfast tacos and viral videos at the Thursday morning all-hands meeting
- your team -
We're a group of people who take our work seriously, but never ourselves. We celebrate weirdness, work our asses off, and enjoy the journey. We all wear multiple hats and are working on at least 5 projects at a time. Life is never boring here. We're risk takers. We care about each other and lend helping hands all day, every day. We say no to politics and drama!