Hi Guild Guests!
An estimated 15,000 runners will take part in the Austin Marathon this upcoming Sunday February 18th, 2018. The race will pass through our neighborhood and cause road closures.
- Use Google Maps, Waze on race day, the best traffic information can be found on sites and apps like Google
- Maps (maps.google.com) and Waze (waze.com). The Austin Marathon street closures are submitted to these programs in advance, and they will display the closures and the associated traffic.
- Assume you can’t cross the course: Crossing the marathon course with a vehicle is extremely difficult, and should be avoided. The Austin Police Department will only allow crossings at major intersections, and only when there are no runners present.
- Park strategically: If your trip starts or ends near a section of the course, sometimes the best option may be to park on the more accessible side of the course and walk. For example, if you are on southbound Chicon St., park on the northbound side of the street so that your vehicle is on the side of the street that is open to vehicle traffic.
- Use MoPac, Lamar Blvd, & I 35: These roads are unobstructed for northbound and southbound travel.
- Use Ben White Blvd, Hwy 290 and FM 2222/Koenig Ln: These roads are unobstructed for eastbound and westbound travel. Also, 45th St. is open westbound between Red River & Guadalupe.
Roads will reopen on a rolling schedule following the final runner at approximately 2:00 pm. Please plan accordingly if you are departing on Sunday.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.
P.S. - Let’s cheer on the runners!